This page includes a few helpful documents for incoming first year students:
- Belly of the BEAST (2018) is a comprehensive, student-made welcome packet for incoming Ph.D. students in the UC Berkeley-UCSF Graduate Program in Bioengineering.
- First Year Checklist (2018) reminds you the important items to meet all academic deadlines, stay successful, and have some fun during your first year!
- Orientation – Student Life (2018) is an introduction to student life in Bay Area and to BEAST!
- Orientation – BioE Requirements (2018) goes over the academic requirements for our BioE program.
- Presentation on finding the right lab by Prof. Steve Conolly shows perspectives of what to look for in a dissertation lab.
- Core faculty spreadsheet with quick lab descriptions (last updated Spring 2017 courtesy of Chris Mathy)
- Sample rotations spreadsheet (last updated Summer 2018)
- First Year Review (2018) is a presentation given by BEAST Co-Presidents to Cohort 2017. It covers what is expected in second year and beyond.