- Sample Budget 2016:
A budget spreadsheet used by one of the graduate students who lives in Berkeley. It is meant to be a basic guide for how to be financially responsible while still maintaining a good quality of life as a graduate student.
- Rent Map:
The database of rent prices and locations of housings occupied by BioE students.
- Sample Rental Application:
An example rental agreement of the kind that you would be filling out when you rent a house or an apartment.
- Tax Information
- Book your travel at UC negotiated rates: https://findit.travel/UC.htm
- Lists of student discounts!
- General personal finance resources:
- Personal Finance courses at UC Berkeley — Fred Selinger is a fun lectuerer, there’s a course specifically for grad students and it’s just 2hrs/wk
- Starting with less than zero — Good advice if you’re coming into grad school with debt you’re currently paying off — look into getting extra money by being a grader/reader, tutoring, etc!
- Twocents — Practical, current advice that explains things such as how new policies/tax bills/etc from the federal government will directly affect you, has reminders on when to contribute to IRA’s, plus the usual gamut of financial advice
UC Berkeley-UCSF Graduate Program in Bioengineering