2009 Retreat Delegations
- Book/Assign rooms for Retreat: John
- Handle Contract Information
- Recruit speakers and create schedule: Tom Due end of May so we can post on website?
- Industry Involvement: Emma
- Get VIP Fellows to participate?
- Normal Breakout sessions:
- Industry Breakout Session: Emma
- Poster Presentation: Tom Due end of August/Beginning of September?
- Organize Judges and Awards
- Sketches and Skits: Lane Due end Beginning of October?
- Organize Transportation: Lane Due Beginning of October?
- Create Flyers: Gautham with the help of Richard’s Adobe Skills Due end of May/June to post on website?
- T-Shirt Competition Website: John Due end of June/July so we can post on website?
- Create Retreat Website for Registration: Lane and Pam Reynolds Due end of May
- Drink/Party Money for Friday and Saturday: Emma, Gautham Due end of August
- Speed Dating Lab Talk/Announcements with Drinks, acts as transition to party scene: Emma Due end of March?
- Decide where funding will come from (Individual Lab contributions?)
- Audio Equipment for Conference and afterparties: John
- Awards and Acknowledgements: John Due end of September
- Plan outdoor activity: Emma and Tom Due end of May
- Dr. Matthew Tirrel (Friday Night Keynote, “The Future of UCB/UCSF Bioengineering Dept.)
- Adam Arkin (Special Washington Task Force)<–actually just science, task force stuff is likely confidential
- Dan Fletcher’s Political Experience in Wash
- Terry Johnson and Kyle Kurpinski’s New Book
- Political Sci. Professors
- IP Protection Law Prof
- Jay Keasling or Officer from Amyris Biotech
- Alumni Speakers such as Craig and Nanovascular
- Highest Cited Prof
- Most publications of grad student
- Contribution to dept.
- Most Helpful: Rebecca
- most likely to get hacked by yaari.com
- best mustache award
- Successful Alumni Award
- Most active in volunteer work
Better Faculty Participation: Ask them to commit early?